Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

National Cheesecake Day!

In honor of National Cheesecake day I have made a delish Vegan Cheesecake. As always I have put my own spin on a classic. I used Tofutti bran "Cream Cheese" I love it, I think in a blind taste test you really could not tell the difference. I am excited at how good it turned out! I brought it to my friends 40h birthday bash and it was a hit, I will make it again very soon. I only regret that I did not take a picture of it before it got cut and every last piece gone :) It is a good feeling when you bring something to a party and people like it!
let me know what you think, what is your favorite cheesecake recipe? I am up for the challenge, send me your favorite Cheesecake recipe and I will veganize it! Lets see what you come up with :)


Graham Cracker Crust

I used the Cat cookies from Trader Joe's (half of the tub)
1/2 cup of Earth Balance vegan butter (this is the very best)

heat the oven to 350
Melt the butter then put the cat cookies in the food processor and pulse and stream the butter in.
its done when it has a wet sand like consistency.
press the cookie mixture into a spring form pan, build up the sides a little bit more with your fingers.
bake for 8 minutes, take it out and make the filling.
(don't be surprised at how good the cat cookies are, I had them with some coffee)




Tofutti Cheesecake


Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Blend together:
3 tubs of Tofutti plain cream cheese (room temp)
1 cup of sugar (I used raw, use whatever you have)
1/4 cup of lemon juice
2 tsp of vanilla
1/4 whole wheat flour (this will give it a really nice nuttiness)

reserve the flour, Mix everything  else until creamy.
Fold in the whole wheat flour
Pour into  graham cracker crust  into the spring form pan.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until just brown.
Now here's the hard part: you have refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 8 hours.
Top with fruit or eat plain.

Sorry no photos but trust me it was really good, even my non vegan friends went back for a second piece :)

No comments:

Post a Comment