Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunny Dill Cheeze and School

I am so excited to start school on Monday, oh wow that tomorrow morning! I am embarking on a journey to become a Holistic Wellness Counselor, I am attending school through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I am looking forward to learning and absorbing everything so that I can help others in there journey.
     One of the things I have always had an interest in is Raw eating, I have taken some classes and met some very brilliant people that are experts on Raw food. So in my own personal voyage to learn more about "cooking" Raw I am starting small with dips like this Cheeze spread. I am a really big fan of cashew cheeze (I make it often) so I was excited you use that same method with a summertime staple, Sunflower seeds! This version can be morphed to any ingredients you have on hand, you could change out the seeds for any other seeds or nuts. also you can change out the dill for what ever fresh herb you have, I love Thyme and Basil as well.

                                          I served it here as a spread on crackers with cucumber
Ingredients:

1 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
2 cups water
1 lemon juiced
1 table spoon fresh chopped dill
S&P to taste

First soak the sunflower seeds in the water for at least one hour.  After the seeds have soaked strain them and save the soaking water. Put the seeds in your food processor, add the juice of one lemon and let her rip, slowly stream in the soaking liquid until you get a smooth consistency (think natural peanut butter) then add your dill and S&P and pulse the food processor until it gets combined. Place the mixture in a glass jar and store in the fridge. I like to let it chill for about 30 min then place it on your favorite cracker or on a cucumber slab! There are some really wonderful Raw crackers at your local Whole Foods, in fact did you know they have a Raw food section? Next time you are doing some shopping check it out! Or as always check your local farmers market for a Raw vendor and make them your new BFF.
How about you? Have you had any experience with Raw eating? Want to learn more? Look around for a free class in your area, they are not as hard to find as you may think!

No comments:

Post a Comment