Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tofu Taco Tuesday & National Margarita Day!!!! Ole

So much fun today, this morning as I was siting in a less than thrilling meeting at work I got a text from my mom saying "Its National Margarita day, don't forget to celebrate" FANTASTIC!!! Later in the afternoon I got an email from PETA saying that it is Tofu taco Tuesday! Again I am excited to have 2 cool things to celebrate and even better than that I have enlisted my Mom and little sister to help me blog. I asked them to take pictures of there celebration of taco's and Margaritas.

So first up is my Mom, she gets an A+ for presentation and creativity. She made Turkey tacos with Veg-re fried beans and Orange Mango Margaritas. Nice work!
Beautiful! Thanks Mom :)


Ok now for my little sister, she made Margaritas out of 100% agave silver tequila!! and ahi fish tacos served in blue corn tortillas, topped with caramelized onions, tomato's, and lettus. she served all that goodness with a side of re fried beans and pineapples with brown rice. So creative and healthy!  Looks very good, here she is cooking!



Now for my celebration dinner, I made Tofu tacos with vegan re-fried beans and Spanish rice. with lots of amazing toppings. Plenty of pictures to follow but first, how to turn tofu into a taco worthy protein!


First take one package of extra firm tofu, press out as much water as you can and cut into cubes, heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a pan and add the tofu (about medium heat)


after the tofu begins to fry a little and brown up, add 1/2 a package of taco seasoning. mix and cover for about 5 min.

and that's it, put it on a plate, fastest dinner ever! It took me longer to shop for all the ingredients! And now for the feast.
Here it is with all the fixing's!
Creation #1 - beans, rice, tofu, cheeze, lettuce, avocado salsa Verde (from Trader Joe's.... Amazing)

Creation #2 - Cheeze, Tofu, green onions, avocado, salsa.
So good, with a side of rice and beans!





This was such a fun project today, it was a blast to get some of my family involved and to celebrate so wacky holidays!!! I hope you got some ideas for your own fun taco celebrations, just spend some time and enjoy your food and your family, vegan or not!
CHEERS

1 comment: