Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Breakfast!!!

Good Morning! I know I have not posted in a little while, don't worry I have still been cooking :) I have made some fun and delish things that I have just not photographed. I will try to work on that! I love breakfast but I reserve the more complicated ones for the weekend so and I was standing in front of my refrigerator this morning wondering what to make I saw some black beans I cooked the other night. I have recently decide to try to get dry beans out of the bulk bins and just make them myself, yes it takes a little more time, but it is much cheaper and I got to choose not to add salt! Getting back to my morning, I had a few potatoes leftover from the soup I made the other night and some frozen corn and frozen tofu (tofu freezes really well) so I decide to make some roasted potatoes and a tofu scramble!!! 

Stacie's Tofu Scramble

8 little red potatoes
1/2 a block of firm tofu (I like Trader Joes extra firm tofu)
1 cup black beans
1 cup corn (I used Trader Joes roasted frozen corn)
3 green onions
olive oil
turmeric
nutritional yeast
cumin
chili powder

ok now for the prep/cooking

cut up the taters and toss them with olive oil and S&P, spread them out on a cookie sheet and then put them into a preheated 400 degree oven

next put a drizzle of olive oil all over  the pan and toss in the tofu, break it up with your spoon and let it break down to scramble egg size pieces. then add your seasonings.

I did not measure I rarely do.... I just went around the pan a few times with the turmeric, that is really just for the yellow egg color, then a few sprinkles of nutritional yeast. and about a teaspoon of chili power and I really love the flavor of cumin so I put quite a bit!
Next add the black beans, corn and green onions. Just stir them in, add S&P to taste and just let it cook until heated thought.

this is not my best picture but you get the idea.
then put it all together and I put some hot sauce on top!!!

This was such a yummy breakfast! Try this one it is so easy and really good!
Stay tuned for my SuperBowl Snackies :)

2 comments:

  1. I think its a fantastic picture! It makes me hungry enough to put my computer down and go start cooking!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete