Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Italian Taco's

This is a fun one! I have been sick for a week now and not really cooking or eating anything worth posting, but I really wanted to make this one cause it is easy and makes a load of food that is perfect for leftovers!  I remember eating this one first at my Aunt Teresa's house, and my sister reminded me of them last week so I thought I would give them a shot and Veganize them!


Italian Taco's

1 bag of Morning Star Grounds
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup vegan Parm
1 1/2 cups any pasta sauce you like
1 small onion diced
2 packs of hard Taco shells
1 cup of vegan mozzarella cheese I like Daiya

Mix up in a bowl, Grounds, Breadcrumbs, sauce, parm, onion, S&P and mix up until it all binds together (I defrosted the ground's before hand so they were room temp)

Fill the shells with the mix, and top with cheese

Bake on a cookie sheet for about 20-30 min, till they get a little brown and the cheeze gets gooey.

That's it, serve with a salad and enjoy. I have to say they are even better when you put the leftovers in a Ziploc and eat them cold the next morning :)



This is a must try, what I found by veganizing them is that unlike ground beef there is no cooking ahead of time, just mix and bake, what could be better!!!

2 comments:

  1. These are one of my favs! I remember eating these at Aunt T's when she was pregnant with Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it was when you were living with us, I was pregnant with Lauren. Still - that's 15 years ago! I'm thrilled you remember them fondly! Now that you reminded me, I need to make them too.

    ReplyDelete