Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Pizza

I really like pizza I think it is a perfect meal with some salad and a glass of good red wine. Last night I made a really yummy pizza and it was so easy I wanted to share it with you all! I was also a really good excuse to drink my new bottle of Sangiovase (SP) that I got from the best wine club ever! Hip Chicks Do Wine, they are a local Portland company, and any company that makes a wine named Drop dead Redhead is ligit! http://www.hipchicksdowine.com/cms/home.html

Ingredients
  • pre-made pizza dough from Trader Joe's (I used the one with herbs in it but they have whole wheat as well)
  • 4 cubes of frozen chopped basil (Trader Joe's sells this, they look like mini ice cube trays full of basil- genius)
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 2 tablespoons of EVOO
  • 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce (more if you like it saucy)
  • 10 thin slices of Vegan Mozzarella cheeze (here is what I used) http://www.followyourheart.com/products.php?id=25
Directions
  • To start follow the directions on the back of the bag of dough, its going to tell you to set the oven and let the dough rest out of the fridge for about 20 min.
  • take your basil and olive oil and put it in a small bowl to mix (the basil will need time to defrost)
  • chop the garlic and mix into the olive oil/basil dish
  • once the dough is ready and you have made it look like whatever pizza shape you like (heart, star, square)
  • spread the pesto type mixture on the dough
  • spread the red sauce all around
  • and lay the cheeze around on the top
  • I added some cracked pepper on top (I love fresh black pepper.... On everything)
  • Bake and enjoy! *as you can see in the pic, I used my well loved baking stone (thank's Mom)

I really loaded it up with garlic I had 2 huge cloves, if that is too much for you cut it back. But I recommend heavy garlic, its good for the heart :) also I normally use Daiya cheeze but I had a block of the Follow your Heart so I used it. I was pleasantly surprised it tastes really good and melts well, and has the texture of what I remember real Buffalo mozzarella  (I am not sure how accurate this is because it has been some time since I have had real Buffalo mozzarella) so for my non vegan follower's try this one and let me know! That's all for now TGIF!!!



1 comment:

  1. Hey Stacie - My mom and I did wine tasting a few years ago in Newberg at Hip Chicks Do Wine and got their cute little memento glasses. I still have them in my cupboard!

    ReplyDelete